Saturday, September 19, 2009

Some catch-up

Has it really only been the second week of classes? Days are busy here. I met the two professors I didn’t the first week, when I missed my Monday/Wednesday classes. My lit professor is pretty cool, and she’s really young. Also, there is music in Washington Square Park every single day, and sitting in lit class, I can hear it wafting up from the park. It’s awesome. My school rocks. Also, I decided that I want somebody to dance with me in the park, to the music from the live musicians.

I saw a pair of jeans on the subway tracks the other day. It took me a second to realize that that’s not normal, even in New York. They seemed lonely.

OK, when I came to New York with Mt. SAC in March the past two years, the park was closed off for construction and we could barely get to the Arch. In case anybody was wondering, I found out that they were moving the Tisch fountain 20 feet to the side, to line it up with the Arch. So now it makes a much better picture and you can frolic in it on hot days.

So…the following may make me a horrible person. I was thinking about Helen Keller and how there’s certain inspirational quotes attributed to her. But she wouldn’t have actually ever SAID any of them... She couldn’t hear any sounds, so she never spoke, except to say water or something like that, right? Rebecca, you were in that play. Verdict?

I found out what the heavenly smell in Downstein is! Possibly the same day I said I didn’t know, or shortly thereafter. It’s waffles! Mmm! But more specifically, the Blueberry waffles! So I tried one the other day [not blueberry; I didn’t see the batter until afterward, and I also realized that mine didn’t smell as heavenly]. When it came out, it had NYU printed in the center. Now, that’s no Mickey Mouse, but I must say, I was impressed. That’s what I’m paying $55,000 for!!

I’ve also decided that I don’t like people who use words I don’t know. I can’t tell if they’re genuinely full of crap or if I’m just assuming that because I think they’re being pretentious.

So remember how I said the guy who runs the grill in Downstein likes me? I was waiting the other day and he came back from a break or something and gave me the most awkward smile ever for like two minutes. Haha it was the best thing ever! Then i’m pretty sure he told me thank you when he handed me my food. Haha. Ah, the power of being a girl =D

4 comments:

Nanamom43 said...

Actually I think she could hear and see and speak...she was struck by a disease in early childhood...Love ya and love your insights

Anonymous said...

Helen Keller did learn to speak later in life. She could not hear nor see since infancy. (Sorry, Nana.)

I love that you used the tagline I made up for you. :)

And from one Dehartbreaker to another, I love you!

Anonymous said...

So I was 66% right...she did see and hear...

Anonymous said...

Did the music really waft up to the classroom? I thought only sounds could waft but hey it is New York. LoVe Dad