Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh! I forgot the most exciting news!

I got home from church and checked a message I had, which was from a guy at Washington Square News [the daily campus newspaper]. So I called him back and he wanted me to come in and take another test, to further assess my copy editing skills; sort of for another position.
So I walked all the way back to campus, lol. I took the test and talked to him about, yes, a different position, and a bunch of stuff. I stopped for food and right as I was finishing eating, he called me to offer me the job! Yay me!!
I say job because it’s a lot of time and commitment, and I will get a stipend for doing it. So I am the new deputy copy chief :-D!
My shift will be Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. [which is supposed to be deadline], but Thursday may alternate with the other deputy chief. I have an 8 a.m. recitation on Wednesdays, so we’ll see how this goes. Probably not well. But I am excited! This is what I do best :)

No comments: