Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I forgot...

At the transfer student meeting, one of the students performed a couple slam poetry pieces [I hope that’s what it’s called], and they were really good. One of them he won an award for, and he wants to start a team to take to the college nationals, because NYU does not have one. He also gave out his number about 17 times from the podium, because he really wants people to get involved and stuff. He seemed like a really cool guy, I’d be down to know him.

So the other day when we were walking around, we saw a guy asking for money with a sign: why lie? I want a beer and a big old doobie. Then I saw a lady at one of my subway stops that was playing the saw. That was cool, but I hoped she didn’t decide to go crazy and start attacking people.

The side doors of my building are for emergency exit only, so they set off an alarm when you go out, but then shut off when the door is closed again. What’s the point of that, if somebody who is not in this building but is going to spend the night with his girlfriend could just sneak in that way?

Right outside my room is a bulletin board that the RA put together [there are several others on the floor, too]. But that one is all about marijuana. Lame.

No comments: