Somebody tell me how ridiculous this is: for the four classes I’m enrolled in, there are 20 required books. Twenty! That is way too many for one semester. NYU is serious about their academics. I don’t know if I can do this… I’m supposed to have four for my literature class, six for my journalism class, nine for my world cultures class, and one for my language class. Speaking of language, did I mention that I have to take two years of Spanish? Not cool.
But! I do feel better after I added up the total cost of all the books, if I end up getting them all. It is way less than the $900 that NYU estimated on my cost of education paper.
I realized how lonely it is almost 3,000 miles away from home, when I don’t know anybody and both my roommates were gone, and I had to eat alone in the dining hall. Twice. Plus I can’t have chocolate milk, cause I don’t know how to work the machine. Oooh! But there is a heavenly smell in Downstein; some sort of baked good I think, but I don’t know what it is…
Mary came home tonight with her friend, who apparently went on a date with a guy she met on the subway. What do you think, Mom? Then Mary’s other friend came by for a few minutes and she introduced me like this: “That’s my roommate. Her name is Charlye. Isn’t that weird?"
Thanks, Mary.
An incident occurred at the library today. Speaking of the library, it’s AMAZING. Seriously. It’s the best library ever. There are probably about three billion books on all the eight floors, plus they have movies you can watch there. I’m allowed to check out 200 books at a time, and keep them for 60 days. The building looks really new and beautiful. There’s like study lounges on every floor. Each floor is broken up into wings! [North, South, East, West, obviously]. I love that library. I love this school. I sort of walked around with this stupid grin on my face.
OK, so as I’m looking for books, this guy who has been studying gets up to leave and we pass each other by the elevator. This might work better if I just write the dialogue [He is T, I am C].
T: Excuse me, do you know where the bathroom is?
C: I don’t, sorry. This is my first time ever in this library.
T: Mine too. I don’t even go to school here.
C: I’m sure there’s some everywhere, but I don’t know… sorry!
T: That’s OK, thanks. Good luck.
C: Thanks!
So I finish looking for stuff and I pass him again by an elevator, where he’s on the phone. We end up walking out of the library at the same time, and have another conversation.
T: I found it.
C: Oh yeah? I told you! There was bound to be one on every floor.
T: Yeah, but it was like hidden. I had to ask somebody where it was.
Also, I took the copy desk test today. I want to say I did pretty well, but I so hate to be disappointed. She said we’d get an e-mail, so I guess we’ll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment