Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Now Monday. It was Labor Day.

I went to try and find some boots that were made for walking, so that could be just what I do. I went into about a dozen stores on Broadway and did not find anything I liked and/or wanted to pay the price for.

So I went to Weinstein for breakfast [it was like noon], because they have breakfast all day.
Now, something you should know about Weinstein is that it’s a freshmen dorm. Excuse me, residence hall. So this guy comes and sits at my table; I’m assuming because I sort of smiled at him because he looked at me when he walked past.

So we talk a little bit. I asked if he wanted the unopened syrup that I didn’t use for my French toast and he asks why. I tell him I have no idea, I’m just asking. So he takes it and says he’s going to save it as a memento of our conversation. Little creepy, right? [I was just kidding about taking the syrup, but apparently he didn’t know that…] Plus, he’s sort of just giving me these blank looks; like he doesn’t understand the questions I’m asking him, or something. They were not hard questions, though.

So I’m done eating, and want to go to look again for shoes. But this time I want to look up some specific stores where I think I want to go. To do this, I need a computer. Bobst [the library] is closed for the holiday, as is Kimmel [where they also have computers].

So then I got an idea. Charlye got a wonderful, awful idea.

“Maybe…” she thought. “Maybe I should get this freshman to let me use his computer. It’s a win-win situation, unless he asks for my number after that. But I’m willing to risk it.”

So I tell him that I need to leave to look for shoes, and then say that I need a computer to check something, but Bobst and Kimmel are closed. Darn! So of course he then offers me his. [Like putty in my hands. Honestly, sometimes it’s not even challenging. But always fun.]

I tell him that I’m not really supposed to go up to strangers’ rooms, but that I suppose this time would be OK. So I check my stuff, meet his roommate, make fun that he has to go to the basement to do laundry. He says he supposes that he’ll never see me again, but I tell him to look for me in the dining hall, as I’m bound to come back sometime. And then I make my escape.

Hahaha! The Dehartbreaker strikes again! [second generation. Or something… meaning Rebecca is older than me. But I might be better at it…]

Then I went to WSN for like training/orientation, but more about that later…
[side/last note: the Empire State Building was lit up red, white and blue for the holiday! Very pretty!]

2 comments:

couchsurfer63 said...

YOU DID WHAT ???????

charlye said...

it's OK, he was afraid of me :D hahaha