Monday, September 13, 2010

This is the day


My apartment STILL smells like smoke when you walk in. Or when you walk out of the bathroom. Or when you use the microwave. Great.

We just read “The Comedy of Errors” for my Shakespeare class, and today my professor said it’s always good to reread Shakespeare. I totally agree. But then he proceeded to say: “Especially in a play as confusing as this one. Some of you may not have noticed that there are two sets of twins.” Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. If you read, or even started that play, and didn’t notice the two sets of twins, you’re an idiot. Yes, I said it. And I don’t feel bad saying it, nor will I make exceptions to the statement. There’s a character list, for crying out loud! That alone should tell you how many sets of twins there are. Geez Louise.

In my Italian class, I overheard a girl tell her friend, “My schedule on Wednesdays is harrowing. I start class at 8 a.m. and don’t have a break until 4:30.”  Boo hoo, girlie. What do you think having a job is like? I’d hardly call that harrowing. But I’m mean, so there you go.

I have to chief tonight at the newspaper, since I won’t be able to tomorrow. I’ll be at the AP, making some real money. And hopefully ingratiating myself with the lady who hires people.

No comments: