Do I look like the fallen and unsaved? Do I look like a poor, lost soul who doesn’t know that what she’s looking for is Jesus? Do I look like I need religion?
Newsflash: I have one! So why does every pair of Bible group recruiters stop me to talk about it? Seriously. And why do they insist that I need to be going to theirs? Wouldn’t they want followers who are actually interested in what they have to say?
Am I a terrible missionary? Should I be saying, “I’ll listen to yours if you listen to mine”? And it’s not that I’m against their groups. I think it’s great that people are reading the Bible and trying to know God, but quite frankly, I don’t have the time to go to their Bible study. I don’t even have the time to go to my own!
Should I smile more? Would people think I’m happy and already know God? Either that or they’d think I was crazy. And nobody wants crazy people in their religion, so it’s a win/win, right? Geez Louise.
2 comments:
Try telling them you're Mormon. It worked with the Jews. :)
Charlye, you are SOOOOO funny!
Post a Comment