I think New York has changed me, and not always for the better. It’s made me bolder. It’s made me ruder. It’s made me violenter. Sometimes I like being that way, sometimes I don’t.
I held open the train doors a couple weeks ago, and they were much sharper than I thought. It cut into my forearm and gave me a bruise. So today when the same situation arose, I let the doors close and waited for the next train. I helped keep that one AND the next one on schedule.
Even the ads in New York City are aggressive/have attitude. There’s a flyer posted on a lamppost on the way to Dave’s that doesn’t ask whether you want services, it tells you: You have bedbugs. Call for extermination. I kinda think that’s funny.
I think a couple of men were talking about me the other day when I was walking to Duane Reade. They said I had nice posture. And I like to think I do.
I’m still SO TIRED of the smokers. It has progressed from unnoticeable to noticeable to bothersome to irritating to angering to violence-inducing. I need a break I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment