Friday, September 24, 2010

The rest

A girl in my class today said how indignant she was that a friend of a friend asked her to baby-sit their 8-year-old Saturday night and didn’t plan to pay her. “So of course I had to say no, because, you know,” she said. And the whole class voiced their approval for her “standing up for herself.” That made me really sad. If I wasn’t going to the Relief Society broadcast, I would have told her I’d do it. I don’t get people.

Thomas: Aren’t you going to be late for work [at the newspaper]?
Me: Yeah ... I’m not very good at meeting deadlines.
Thomas: You consider getting to work on time a deadline? [laughs] I guess it is...

That friend’s brother who was in town tried to describe me in five words [ish] after knowing me only 48 hours:
super-fun
interesting
delightful
endearing
sweet smile
I told him he didn’t know me well enough yet. Anybody else want to vote?

I get to see family at Thanksgiving. Yay!

No comments: