Saturday, September 25, 2010

Randomness


Montgomery Ward! I have been trying to remember that for a couple weeks. It finally came to me today.

One of the things I forgot I was looking forward to are the scholastic book orders through PS 2. I ordered “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” today :)

My first semester, I mentioned how awesome it was to hear the musicians in the park during one of my classes. Now it’s not so cool to hear construction throughout one this semester. Although I still manage to nod off ...

I really like my advanced reporting professor. Not just for the following quotes, but they don’t hurt.
“That’s a luxury today: to not have to write a nut graf.”
“You usually have to be quiet in nature, and wait for it to come out of hiding. New York City has a different kind of nature: The urban animals will come out no matter what.”
“There’s a reason they don’t call it a science. Writing is a craft.”

Ha! I overheard my roommate telling somebody that she had ONLY $40 in her bank account, so she was down for trying to find some free food. I thought, “Are you kidding me? Forty dollars is a fortune! Do you know how much food you can buy with $40? A LOT. Trust me — I know.”

I also overheard her telling her friend one night as they were making plans to go out that she just wanted to dance. Which is funny because of this. Watch it, it's less than two minutes and there's no profanity.

No comments: