Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"What's up with this weather?"


“Don’t know whether or not / how sad I just got / was of my own volition / or if I’m just missin’ the sun. / And tomorrow I know / will be rainy at best / and the forecast I know / is that I’ll be depressed. / But I’ll wait outside hopin’ that I’ll catch sight of the sun.”

It is raining sheets here in the city. Yesterday I got soaked after walking half a block back to my building. I want to come home, to beautiful sunny California weather.

But it didn’t rain while I was moving, thank goodness. And that went smoothly as well. So now I’m semi-homeless again. I am ridiculous.

But this morning I saw a man on the train reading a Greek newspaper. I love New York.

Also I thought it’d be funny if someone took a Greek language course and every time they didn’t understand something, they just said, “It’s all Greek to me...” OK it would probably only be funny to the person saying it after like the seventh time, but maybe that’s because it would be me. I want to do that.

And I got an A- in my Renaissance drama class, and I got a B+ on my Am Lit final. Yay me. For now.

And I waited in line for SNL tickets again this weekend, hosted by Ed Helms, and my friends Ashley and Shelby totally got in! So did our friends we made in line, which was way fun. I will go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, it is NOT sunny! :(


Kelsie Gause:)