Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NYU graduation

The Empire State Building was violet and white the night before, but it was so foggy you couldn't tell.

The graduate who invited me because she had an extra ticket. Riding the subway we only saw a couple other graduates in our car.

Graduation was in Yankee Stadium. I love New York.

NYU Class of 2011. Welcome graduates, family & friends.

These were on the electronic banners going around the stadium.

Look at all the purple!

This was the commencement speaker. Can you tell it's William Jefferson Clinton?

This is John Sexton, our university president. He was wearing a Yankees hat, and gave hugs to all the people sitting on the field with him, and his gruff Brooklyn accent came out when he spoke. Love him! Mostly.

The subway station was SO PACKED when we left that NYPD had to regulate how many people were waiting on the platform, to avoid people being pushed onto the tracks, I'm sure. Then the train was super crowded too.
It was a good ceremony, I liked it, so I'll plan to go when it's my turn.

1 comment:

Nana said...

It just dawned on me...did you pick NYU because their color is PURPLE!!!?