Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday I'm grateful for...

Today was tough, actually. I didn't think of anything until about 10 p.m. really. I think I was too busy to remember to be grateful. But that's the point of this, that I will start to make it an automatic consideration.

So tonight I was thankful for scaffolding! Which, believe me, is so not the case normally. It's everywhere. This city is constantly under construction. [So is every city, as Rebecca often points out.] But it was raining and I had a bag in each hand of stuff I was bringing home from Caitlin and Julia's. So no hand for my umbrella. But scaffolding made my walk to the subway a little more dry.

I'm also thankful for a professor canceling class for T-gives. It gave me time to finish my essay for the class after that.

I'm also thankful that I have an apartment of my own to call home and to call my own. I noticed the homeless lady who's usually near the subway wasn't there, I assume because it's too cold and wet. So I am grateful I have someplace to go to be warm and dry. Even if I didn't have my own apartment, I have friends who will let me crash at their places [we all know I have before — a lot].

I also am grateful for the sound of the rain on the windows. Mostly because I'm no longer out in it, so I'm not cold and wet anymore. But it is a very soothing sound. I like it. I can also hear it on my bedroom window, so no need to buy one of those white noise machines ;)

More tomorrow. This is fun!

No comments: