Thomas and I got dinner and dessert last night, because he’s leaving the city soon. Like in a week soon. And I hadn’t really seen him for a few weeks. So we went to S’MAC in the East Village, which is a macaroni and cheese place. It was yummy! He got the Alpine, which was gruyere with bacon. I got the Cajun, which had pepper jack cheese with sausage, green peppers, onions and Cajun seasoning. It wasn’t as spicy as we thought it was going to be, but still good. Thomas said their mac & cheese was better than Quaint’s, and I pointed out that it was probably because that’s all S’MAC serves.
Then we went to Veniero’s, an Italian pasticceria and caffe dessert place nearby. There were so many choices! We ended up getting some miniature pastries [so you know I loved them] to go. I tried a vanilla napoleon square, which was vanilla cake and frosting with flaky layers, and a square of tiramisu. I have a feeling the chocolate napoleon square would have been better. Thomas had a mandarin orange tart and an éclair.
Then we stopped to enjoy the pouring rain and thunder and lightning before we made a break for the L train to head home. The rainstorm was awesome.
3 comments:
Was the pastry little bitty baby size?
MMMMMM sounds yummy! Definitely different from the "Smack" here on the West Coast! LOL!
I this someplace we could go to in November?
Post a Comment