Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lost [not the dumb TV show]


Three people asked me for directions tonight. But I could only help two of them. The first was a half-drunk, half-homeless man [I think] who was having a fight with his girlfriend. He asked where the uptown 6 train was, and after I pointed it out he asked if I wanted to go home with him. Then a group of friends asked me where 19th and Broadway was. Then when I got off the train at Canal, a guy waiting to cross the street asked if I knew where any hostels were in the area. Alas, I did not. I felt bad, cause he seemed the nicest. Unless it was sort of a ploy to get me to ask him to come home with me. Then, not so nice.

Two out of three ain’t bad. Especially since sometimes I can’t even help myself. I got off the train a couple weeks ago [a train I don’t normally take, mind you] and almost went in the opposite direction of where I wanted to be. I knew for sure which way was north and south, so then you’d think it’d be pretty easy to figure out the other two, right? Not for me. I thought for sure I knew which way was west, and I would have walked that way had I not asked for directions and found out I was wrong. I thought about my mistake for about 10 minutes until I figured it out. But don’t worry, it was very broad daylight.

Tomorrow I’m going to explore Brooklyn with Margo [who just moved out there about six weeks ago]. That should be fun.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It's NOT a dumb tv show. :P

nanamom43 said...

Why didn't you point out the detention center? (as you can tell, I am reading your comments backwards!)