Friday, October 30, 2009

Say what?

Guy in my journalism class used the phrase “idealistic universe” instead of “perfect world.” Can you say pretentious?

Girl in my journalism class: Political scandals happen all the time. They go under the rug unless they go on the front page.

Same girl: We don’t cover the Iraq War because we’re trying to appease America’s consciousness.

Jacob: If you lose your unlimited MetroCard, do you think there’s any way to get it back? Like, replaced?
Me: No! New York doesn’t care. What kind of a question is that?

Tim: I don’t use sponges, because that’s pretty much where AIDS comes from. [a man after my own heart]

Girl on trolley [probably in a sorority]: My waist used to be 32 inches. Now it’s 24. That means I went from a size 14 to a 2. [umm ... what??]

Professor Stephens: Maybe underwear helps.

Random student thought flashing across the PowerPoint [because our professor is bald]: I wonder if bald people use shampoo ...
Professor Stephens: I’m not going to answer that ... it’s obvious.
Girl sitting next to me: Haha that’s funny ... Wait, what’s the answer?
Me: No, they don’t. They just use soap.
Professor: That’d be a waste of money!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't get AIDS from a sponge. The rest are pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

leave it to Rebecca to say that lol.
I think the last one's the best hahaha