Friday, October 30, 2009

Good eats [is that trademarked?]

Amber [and Ashley] invited me over for dinner one Sunday, and why would I turn down a free meal? So when I got there, the guys were over too, and we were making/having gnocchi! It was pretty fun to make, all of us sitting around the table trying to recall our Play-Doh skills from childhood. The resident chef cooked and made the sauce for us and: Oh my goodness, it was SO GOOD! Pretty much my new favorite thing. He paired it with beet salad, which I thought would be yucky, but that was tasty, too. Good times.

I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge with my friend from production so we could get pizza on the other side. Fun! I looked for our Mountaineer graffiti from March, though not very hard, so not surprisingly I didn’t find it. So we ate at Grimaldi’s, which was very yummy! Pepperoni and extra mozzarella. And we didn’t even have to wait in line for very long. Then we went to get ice cream, which was also pretty good. I think I could have made a better choice than peach, but I didn’t want a plain flavor like chocolate or vanilla, and they didn’t have too much variety past that. Maybe next time. It was good times, and we decided we need to go back and dance across the bridge :D

We went to Café Lalo for dessert the other night! Very cute and fun, but it’s cash only. [What gives, New York?] For those who don’t know, Café Lalo is the location of a scene of a little movie called “You’ve Got Mail” — the scene where they are supposed to meet and Tom Hanks finds out that it’s Meg Ryan, while she has no idea — just a rose. Amber and Ashley said the café’s brunch was way better, because the four of us were not particularly impressed with our desserts. I had the strawberry cheesecake, because I realized that I haven’t had cheesecake since I came to the city for school! What is wrong with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you walk everywhere cuz you sure do eat out a lot. That would be where all my money went too. By the way, have you tried to find Serendipity yet?

Pat-Pat said...

Did you remember that I recommended Junior's for the best cheesecake?