Saturday, February 12, 2011

My birthday weekend! [a week later]

So it started Friday night at the Morgan Library and Museum, to see a famous journals exhibit and a Shakespeare exhibit they had just opened. It's free Friday nights, and it was awesome! The journal exhibit was really interesting, and they had ones from John Steinbeck, Alfred Einstein, Charlotte Bronte, Henry David Thoreau and lots of others. And I really enjoyed the Shakespeare one, too. They had his First Folio on display! [The first published collection of his plays.] That was really cool to see, especially since I just finished my great Shakespeare class last semester. The library/museum itself is a beautiful space, and I didn't get to spend enough time in the library, so I'll have to go back.

Then Ashley, Dave and I had a slumber party at Ashley's so we could wake up to stand in line for SNL tickets. They give them out at 7 a.m. and we were in line at 6 a.m. Our group tickets went from numbers 43 to 48.

Shelby, Julia, Caitlin, Dave, Ashley, Charlye
Around 8 p.m., 12 of us got dinner at a pizza/pasta place near Ashley's [yummy!] and took it back to her place. Then we went back to SNL around 10. They let in people little by little, until finally we were at the front of the line. We could go in next! And then they announced that they wouldn't be letting anyone else in. Sad times. So we jumped in cabs over to Dave's and watched it on his ginormous TV. It was a really good show! We were all bummed we didn't get in, but I'm glad it was all or nobody.
This would have been a great host! Seasoned professional!
 On Sunday, my actual birthday, Ashley made me breakfast. Thanks Ashley!
 Then we went to a Superbowl / birthday party where my friend April had made me a red velvet cake. Mmm! Lots of people came and stayed and had fun and it was great! Better than I thought it would be, actually [the party, not the cake. I knew the cake would be delicious.]
P.S. this is homemade!! As in, not from a box!
She's super cute, huh?! I think this is a great picture of her.
 And surprise! There were more birthdays! Here are the lucky winners, for being at five-year intervals:
Jenn, 27. Charlye, 22. Jason, 32.

 And now I'm a palindrome!

No comments: