Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some catch-up, random musings, ponderings, useless things

First, some quotes:

Ryan: Charlye, do you want those leftovers?
Me: No, not after you said the food wasn't good!
Ryan: OK. I suppose I could give it to some other homeless person.

Ryan: I usually know what to do with somebody, but I don't know what to do with you.

Me: Yeah, I'm free to go to your Wednesday morning, pre-brunch, costume dance party.
Ryan: Oh no, we're living my jokes.

"It's amazing for someone who makes a living using words, how often they can fail you."
-Lois Lane in "Superman for all Seasons"

April: I'm so pink. Like a baby pig.

Dave: Math makes the world go 'round, Charlye.
Me: No it doesn't, sex and money does.
Dave: Yeah, how do you think people count their money and the number of times they've had sex?!


So I didn't come home this summer. Which means I won't come home until Christmas. It just struck me how long that actually is: a whole year. It won't take long for that amount of time to pass, and it's really not that long, but that's only because my life is still measured in semesters. It's funny how people count time that way: by the school year when they're in school. I assume it switches to the calendar year at some point. Or is it the fiscal year, with so many people worried about money? Why do we have so many different "years"?

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most when I can move back into my dorm is going grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping. It makes me happy.

Dave and I watched "Dragnet" the other day. Terrible movie. Plus it genuinely scared me. There was some wacko group in it that was going to sacrifice a virgin and called themselves P.A.G.A.N.'s. People against goodness and normalcy. Then when the two good cops tried to save the girl, a group surrounded them at one point and started chanting, "Kill the good. Kill the good."  The movie was totally a spoof, and my perspective may be a bit colored by my recent reading of "Newjack," but I couldn't help thinking that there are actually people out there like that. So it scared me.

Dave told me he doesn't pay a water bill, so I could take two hour showers if I wanted. Score!! The only problem is that the light would have to be on the whole time, haha.

I figured out how to get the little airplane picture off my camera! Yay me!

So as part of my OCD, I time lots of things, like when I shower, or how long a train ride takes, or things like that. But recently I've noticed that I don't do that anymore. Even more recently I figured out that it's because I have no purpose or anyplace to be. So...solved!

Also, if you're male, you may want to stop reading this entry now, because I want to talk about feminine things. Like how awesome these new tampons are that I bought! They're compact to fit in your pocket, and the packages are all different colors, so the company's tagline is something like, "What color are you today?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my sister, how I miss you. This was definitely a great entry. I was laughing the whole time while reading it.