I was waiting for the train at the 7th Ave stop when a maintenance subway car rolled through. Pretty normal, glad it didn't stop and hold up the train I was waiting for. My train comes and I have to take it to 125th Street and switch to the downtown train for a couple stops. Again, normal. But after a few minutes of waiting on the downtown platform, the same maintenance subway car continues its trek uptown. I don't know why, it just made me happy.
Now for the bad news. When I get off the train, I know when to turn on my street because there is scaffolding on the opposite corner. The other day I was thinking I don't know what I'm gonna do when they take it down, because how will I know when to turn? Well, I was gone most of the day, and when I got off the train and started walking to my apartment, lo and behold, my premonitory fears had come true—they removed the scaffolding! So as I approach my corner, I freak out a little because I doubt whether it's really my corner. I ask myself several times, and try to read the street signs (it's dark, so I can't see the one across the street and the one on my side is bent at a funny angle, so I can't read it either), and finally decide I will risk the turn. If it's not my street, I can always turn around, right? Well, it was my street, and I found my apartment, and I am writing this from my apartment narrow apartment. Tomorrow I will have to find a new way to trigger my turn. . .
1 comment:
When you get to the room that has your stuff in it - turn! That's YOUR room! LOL my geographically challenged child! Your mama LOVES you!
Post a Comment