Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This is my life

So another Tuesday [bleeding into Wednesday]:

I spent the night at Ashley and Amber’s Monday, so I woke up about 9 a.m. at their place. Ashley helped me with a bit of homework, we made some plans for later, and they started watching “Castle” as I was leaving. I didn’t realize what time it was, and I did not leave in time to grab breakfast from Kimmel before my class. So I went to a pretty dumb Foundations lecture where the professor just wanted everybody’s phone to go off. He said he’d tell us why on Thursday. Then I got lunch with Calvin, cause Charlye was very hungry. We went to Hayden, where they let me donate only three of my meals to homeless people. But that brought me down to 40! Then there was nowhere to sit, so Calvin and I had to share a chair until somebody left. I had a waffle, which wasn’t as good as the ones at Downstein, because it didn’t have NYU printed in the middle of it. How am I supposed to see what I’m paying $55,000 for if they don’t even imprint my waffles with my school acronym?!? Then we took a quick walk through the park and through the fountain, which was pretty cool. [haha there was no water in it... Tricked you, huh? :) ] Then we stopped by Kimmel so Calvin could show me where he watches the sunset sometimes. Then I went back to Laf so I could do laundry and shower. But first I had to check on Michael, ‘cause he wasn’t in class. I thought he might be sick or something, but he was just doing homework. I went back to Ashley’s about 5 p.m., and finished “Twelfth Night” so she could finish helping me with my homework. Tried to convince Thomas not to be lame, but it didn’t work. We also had fudge [the reject pieces] and Ashley quizzed me on my love languages or something like that. Apparently it was a three-way tie as far as what I interpret as somebody showing love to me: physical touch, acts of service, and quality time. After that was words of affirmation and last [with like 3 percent or something] was gifts. About 7:40 p.m. we left for the comedy show! It was our [new for me] friend Ryan Hamilton and he is way funny! We were so excited to see him! It was free, at the Housing Works Bookstore Café and that place was way fun. And it’s in SoHo, close to my building. The show was long, though: two hours. A little too long, except for Ryan. So anyway, it was done at 10:30 and I was still supposed to go into WSN. Well first Amber, Ashley and Ryan wanted to stop for food, so we found this Cajun place in NoHo, on the way to the N/R/W, and everybody was pleased with their food. I tried some of Ryan’s collard greens, which were kind of weird. They tried to be like spicy. Is that how they are all the time? And I just kept laughing randomly, because I would play Ryan’s jokes over in my head, hahaha. Look him up, he’s really good :) So then we go to the Eighth Street/Broadway station and it’s starting to rain. I take it one stop to 14th Street/Union Square, to go to the newsroom. So then I’m at the paper from midnight until almost 6 a.m., which kinda sucked. If I had gone in at 6:30 p.m., which is when my shift usually starts, I don’t think I would have made it. But Vanessa was there to help me, so that was awesome of her! I got home a little after 6, made some pancakes for breakfast, and then planned to take a nap until about 8. I slept a little longer, which was no bueno for my schoolwork. I got up at 9:15 and made it to my 9:30 class by 10. Did a little presentation for the “Twelfth Night” assignment, got some breakfast at Kimmel, came back to Laf, and am now writing this. While listening to my iPod. And thinking of all the stuff I might should be doing instead. But I think I’ll go take another nap. Don’t you think I deserve this one?

No comments: